[access-uk] Re: Talking Book error message identified!

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 16:34:16 +0100

Thanks, Jackie. We will keep a look out for any progress, or lack of it, with
this.

Carol P
Sent from my iPhone using MBraille

On 25 Jun 2015, at 10:11 am, Jackie Brown <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Carol

I asked Paul about this, and he hadn't been aware of it before. I hope RNIB
will test other players. HumanWare clearly state the problem is with
Talking Books, which it appears to be. It is feasible to use work-arounds
though.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
jackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Read my EyeWrite blog: www.thebrownsplace.info/?page_id=136
Follow me on Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: thejackmate

From: "Jackie Brown" <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'BCAB Discussion List'"
<bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<RNIBTalkingBooksArena@yahoogr
oups.co.uk
Date sent: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 15:02:32 +0100
Subject: [access-uk] Talking Book error message identified!

Following the problem I have had with this, Paul Porter rang me from the
Tech Support department at RNIB this afternoon to say he had been able to
identify the fault. On new Talking Books, RNIB is adding some additional
information, and it appears to be that this is causing problems on both the
Victor Reader Stream and Stratus machines. The latter players will at least
continue to play, whereas you need to move the book on a little to get past
the error message on the VRS.

So at least it isn't my Stream, the SD card, or me for that matter! If
anyone comes across the problem, move the book with the number six key to
the next heading, or do it with the Go To key. Customer Services have been
made aware of it because simply replacing the Talking Book will merely
duplicate the error.

Check out my website: www.thebrownsplace.info Read my EyeWrite blog: