[access-uk] Re: Talking Book Library

  • From: "ELEANOR BURKE" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 21:09:37 +0100

Thank you Steve and everyone who has been responding. I am now prepared for my conversation with RNIB again tomorrow. No row or anything so don't get me wrong people just putting my side of things to them. If households have more than one machine, then I do not see why it cannot be extended, especially if there is an excess of 250 that were not taken up.

Eleanor
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Dryden" <steve.dryden@xxxxxxx>
From: "Steve Dryden" <steve.dryden@xxxxxxx>
Date: 06/05/2009 6:22 pm

That's not quite true Elanor, I am almost positive that there was a forwarded email to the Access List from the RNIB Arena list. This invited TB members to be involved in the pilot. The requirement was that you had an internet connection and they were offering a new PTX1 player to 1000 members. You were to mail them with your details and at the apropriate time, they'd basically pull out the first 1000 names who contacted them. As it was, the take up wasn't as much as they'd anticipated so they only gave out in the region of 850 players. Now, I'm not sure if they would exchange a player now or not but you'd need to contact them. Another requirement was that you'd need to be part of the testing group and offer feedback back.

Hope that helps.

Steve

Original Message ----- From: ELEANOR BURKE