[access-uk] Re: Talking Book Library

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 17:37:14 +0100

How long have you been a member? Just looking for reasons why some people weren't sent info. Remember the information I received was not a direct offer of a player, I had to meet the criteria and then apply by E-mail. There were 1000 machines available I think and there was a chance they could have received more responces than machines available. I took the machine thinking I would have to join a focus group to discuss the player but haven't heard anything about that as yet.

At 17:16 06/05/2009, you wrote:
Here here Barry with regard to not being contacted about the new talking book machine. No, do not give it a thought, cancelling and re-joining, you will not get one of these new machines. Not sure what their criteria will be but something like a new member will get what is available on the day it is being sent out to them. I am simply interested in finding other members who like myself missed this opportunity of entering into the pilot scheme.

Thank you Barry for responding.

Eleanor