[access-uk] Re: Talking Book Library

  • From: Gordon Keen <gordonkeen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 16:06:17 +0100

Members of the email list rnib talking books arena were invited to participate, I believe the number was restricted but everyone on the list that applied got one. I did not because of other priorities.

To subscribe send a blank email to
rnibtalkingbooksarena-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Plenty of people there will be happy to spill the beans.

Regards

From glorious Devon, England.

On 6 May 2009, at 15:51, ELEANOR BURKE wrote:

I am wondering how many members on this list use the RNIB Talking Book Library and ow many of those members were contacted about the new type of Talking Book machine which can be used with USB Flash Drive. I understand that there is a pilot going on at present with regard to this machine but equally I understand that no existing member of the library will be entitled to one of these new books, only new members will receive them. For those of you in the pilot, what do you think of the machine and out of interest did the Talking Book Library contact you directly about this pilot scheme or did you hear about it through Read-on, the Talking Book Library CD sent out to members.