[access-uk] Re: TalkTalk ISP

  • From: "Saqib" <Saqib500@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2012 09:23:31 -0000

Hi. I have never heard any positive reviews about them. The people who are using their services constantly complain about the speed and outage issues. I'm guessing their low price is to attract people who are unaware of their poor service and once you sign up! It's hard to get out of the contract unless there is a period of cooling off which can be around 7 days.

-----Original Message----- From: Michael A. Ray
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:47 PM
To: Access-UK
Subject: [access-uk] TalkTalk ISP

Hello list.

I had a TalkTalk rep come to the house today.  The deal she was talking
about is almost half the price of my BT account and claims much better
speeds and a download limit which is much, much higher than BT.

My question to the list is, does anyone on here have any experience with
the reliability of a TalkTalk connection and is the account management
page easy to use?

The cost seems too good to be true compared with BT and it's my bet they
have reliability problems.

Any views would be interesting.

Mike

--
Michael A. Ray

Analyst/Programmer
Witley, Surrey, South-east UK

Ham Radio Callsign: G4XBF, licenced since 1982

Use the NVDA screen-reader, not Scientific, just Freedom:
http://nvda-project.org/