[access-uk] Taking the plunge with WE after 10 years

  • From: "Dave Taylor" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 21:06:00 -0000

Hi,

Well, having thought that the keyboard issue had been resolved in Jaws V8,
last night, my ctrl key got locked on again, so as I'm also having the IE
crashing issue, I have decided that after 10 years as a Jaws user, and even
just having asked about ordering an upgrade, that I am not going through
with that order and I will be converting to WE.  I have been on about the
keyboard issues for over a year now and even though Sight and Sound had
duplicated them by Sight Village this year, FS still haven't seen fit to
look at it. I know that GW would have done! WE is catching up so fast now as
far as I can tell that I think it's the way to go now!

I hope people in RNIB and other major organisations are doing the same as it
must be affecting more than just me. I've had it on 3 completely different
computers now, with 3 different flavours of Windows XP as well, so it's
fairly fundamental!

Cheers
Dave