[access-uk] TV top boxes again

  • From: "Andy Collins" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 17:38:22 -0000

Hi all -

I now need to make my decision regarding Freeview top boxes.

Am I write in thinking that it is now possible to buy a Freeview box with say a
40 gig HD? and if so, I'd really appreciate feedback on what people are using
[this is not for the PC], I need to be able to record from one channel when
watching another, and to be able to use the timer setting to record when away
from home. I need to be able to do this without sighted help.

Are these boxes now called Personal Video Recorders [PVR?]

Regards -

Andy