[access-uk] TV licence - concessions

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2014 13:29:56 +0100

Recently i posted regarding information that suggested that the
Concessionary licence scheme was going to be scrapped, I further
indicated i would let people know the response from tv licensing
following an enquiry i had made with them here is the verbatim response.

This response suggests two(maybe three)possibilities
1) there is no substance in the information gathered
2) TV licensing are avoiding a direct response ( neither denying nor
confirming the proposal)
3)They have not been appraised of the possibility on the basis that they
are treated as an administrative body.

Draw your own conclusion

ATB
Shaun

TV LICENSING
Darlington
DL98 1TL

Tel:      0300 790 6087
Fax:      0300 790 6012
Email:    enquiries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Our Ref:  TVL36507336

06/09/2014

Dear Mr Oconnor

Thank you for contacting us.

The TV Licence fee is payment for a legal permission to install or use a
television receiver, to receive or record television programme services.  All
concessions of the licence fee are reviewed and set down by Parliament.

The current concessions include 50% for those registered blind, and the Free
Over 75 TV Licence for those seventy-five and over.

We trust you can appreciate that here we deal with the administration and
collection of the TV Licence fee, and must abide by the decisions made by
Parliament.

Yours sincerely,

Ruth Blaney
TV Licensing