[access-uk] Re: TV Onics remote control buttons in brief

  • From: "Aedan O'Meara" <aedanomeara@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 10:41:36 -0000

Hi Richard,
Well done, very useful
Aedan.

-----Original Message-----
From: access-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Richard King
Sent: 13 November 2013 12:03
To: access-uk
Subject: [access-uk] TV Onics remote control buttons in brief

Below is my own personal, very brief  listing for identifying the buttons on
the remote control handset of the TV Onics digibox. It was something I sat
down and did with my son when I got the box so that I could identify the
buttons, in case I forgot. I have gone into no detail here what some of
these buttons actually do, although most of this is hopefully self
explanatory, also, some of the buttons will have different functions on
different pages, but the voiceover will hopefully assist here. One of the
better functions that I have found useful is the search function. For
example, a friend of mine told me about a programme the other day that I
might have liked, I searched the programme title later, found a repeated
episode and added it to my timer list, so cool!I hope that the following
might be useful.

TV Onics remote control

At the very top of the RC there are 2 buttons left and right. Left is TV
standby, and should have identification nipple, and right is digibox
standby.

Below these is a single row of 4 buttons, from left to right these
are: "DTT", "HDMI1", "HDMI2" and "USB".

Below these is a standard numbers keypad with the 5 having the detectable
nipple. There are 2 buttons left and right of the zero, on the left is the
"audio description" on/off and we're not sure what the right 1 is?

Below the number keypad there are 2 Large buttons with plus/minus at top and
bottom, these are: LHS is the "volume" button and RHS is the "channel"
button. In between these are 2 small buttons, one top and one bottom. Top 1
is "subtitles" and the lower 1 is the "mute" button.
Below these we have a further single row of 4 buttons. These are, from left
to right: "Picture In Picture", "Clock", "Screen saver" and "TV/Radio".

Orbital to the large central circular select button, we have 4 smaller
buttons positioned at 11 o'clock, 1 o'clock, 5 o'clock and 7 o'clock.
These are, and in the same order as above, "TV Guide", "Information", "Text"
and "Back".

Directly beneath the central select button there are 4 further rows of
buttons.
On the top row of these we have 4 buttons.  From left to right, these are:
Menu. Library. Timers. TV input.
On the 2nd row there are 3 buttons. These are, from left to right:
Stop, Play/Pause, which also has the identification nipple, and, Record.
On the 3rd row we have 4 buttons. In the same order these are:
"Previous chapter", "rewind", "fast forward", and "next chapter".
On the bottom row we have the 4 coloured buttons. From left Red.
Green. Yellow. and Blue.
Red is used as the "delete" button, and blue is used for the "series link"
button.