[access-uk] Re: TISSOT WATCH QUERY

  • From: "Catherine Turner" <catherineturner2000@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 17:44:09 +0100

MessageHi,

Thanks for the links.

It looks interesting, but at the moment (and I think I'd have to think
carefully about it at any time) I can't justify £242 on a watch.

Now, coming back to Ian's original question of whether anyone had been
swimming while wearing one...what I really am looking for is a means of
timing my own swimming.  I thought about having my Nokia Communicator at the
end of the lane and using a stopwatch on it but a) it doesn't have a
stopwatch, although I could probably find one for it, but b) it's far too
precious to me to leave it at the side of a pool where it could get stolen,
trodden on or drowned.  From looking at it the Tissot wouldn't actually be
able to do it either since it doesn't mention a second hand.  Has anyone got
any ideas how I could do it?

Ideally I would like to wear a watch rather than put a clock at the end,
because I need as an accurate timing as possible and it would lose time me
finding the clock to stop it.

None of the talking watches on the RNIB site mention being water resistant
but then again neither does the Tissot (oh how efficient, RNIB) so I might
e-mail and ask them but just wondered if anyone had any thoughts...

Catherine