[access-uk] Re: TIME FOR A NEW ROUTER FOR OUR HOME!

  • From: annick morris <annickmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 23:32:57 +0000

-original message-
Subject: [access-uk] Re: TIME FOR A NEW ROUTER FOR OUR HOME!
From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17/03/2015 10:44 pm

hi carol.

i'll give you a call tomorrow, let me know if there are times to avoid.
i can supply a router pre-configured for you and assist in setup as
well. TP-Link and Netgear are both excellent. Draytek are quite
expensive and useful only if you're an advanced/business user. they're
overkill for your requirements. if you decide to go through me, i'd hand
pick a router for you and set it up so its ready to go out of the box.
i'd ensure it had good long aerials as well, not long enough to take
your eye out but long enough to supply a decent wireless signal. some
routers these days have built in aerials, which i don't find affective
at all. because the aerials are inside the unit and aren't exposed, i've
found that in our home with brick walls the signal just didn't travel.

all the best,

Mo.