[access-uk] Re: THE BRAILLE SENSE WITH GOOGLE MAPS AND INTERNAL GPS RECEIVER

  • From: "Carol.Pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 13:02:35 -0000

Yes, you're right, but I still get a weak signal with that one also.

Carol P

----- Original Message ----- From: "rajmund" <brajmund2000@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Jackie Brown" <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 08:38:05 -0000

Perhaps there is some confusion about which models have built-in GPS, and
which models require an external device.  The U2 Mini and BrailleSense
OnHand I believe are the two models that have built-in GPS.  The other
models don't, as far as I am aware, and require something you can pair with
it.

I haven't played with GPS on my U2 Mini much to be frank.  When I did look
at the beginning, I found a weak signal. It isn't one of the reasons why I
bought it to start with since I use my phone for that purpose when I want
to.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate
From: ,c;arol.,p;earson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, 24 November 2014 9.00 pm
RECEIVER

Hi all,

Has anyone tried the above and, if so, how have you found the Braille
Sense to work?  Is the GPS receiver OK here in the UK for you, and what do
you think of Google Maps on the Sense?

I haven't got a fix with my GPS receiver yet but I'm going to find a time
to persevere and also to take a look at the maps for myself, but thought
I'd
ask if anyone has tried this and what your experience has been?

Carol P