[access-uk] Re: THE BRAILLE SENSE WITH GOOGLE MAPS AND INTERNAL GPS RECEIVER

  • From: "Jackie Brown" <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 09:17:41 -0000

Hi Rajmund

Well you learn something every day then, (smile).  Glad to be corrected, I
hadn't realised the U2 32 has it as well.

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown
Emails: jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
thebrownsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Twitter: @thebrownsplace
Skype: Thejackmate
From: "Jackie Brown" <jackieannbrown62@xxxxxxxxx
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Thu, 4 Dec 2014 08:38:05 -0000
Subject: [access-uk] Re: THE BRAILLE SENSE WITH GOOGLE MAPS AND
INTERNAL GPS RECEIVER

Perhaps there is some confusion about which models have built-in
GPS, and
which models require an external device.  The U2 Mini and
BrailleSense
OnHand I believe are the two models that have built-in GPS.  The
other
models don't, as far as I am aware, and require something you can
pair with
it.

I haven't played with GPS on my U2 Mini much to be frank.  When I
did look
at the beginning, I found a weak signal.  It isn't one of the
reasons why I
bought it to start with since I use my phone for that purpose
when I want
to.

 From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf
 Of
 john gallagher
 Sent: 24 November 2014 22:58
 To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
INTERNAL
 GPS
 RECEIVER

 hi carol the internal gps is rubbish so you have to use an
external one.
 then all will be great it is very very good.  the maps that's
google maps
 must have a wireless connection but it works and is fine.