[access-uk] Re: THE BRADLEY TACTILE TIMEPIECE

  • From: "pete gurney" <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 16:22:16 +0000

hi ian and all,

i've received my bradley watch and just like you ian it seems a bit odd
that the hour ball berring is on the outside edge.
 i thought both ball berrings were going to be on the top.
the minute one is easy to feel and it only takes a second or so to tell the
minutes, but i wear my watch on the left hand and feel it with the right
and feeling the hour is pretty easy when it's between say 11 and 5 or 6
o'clock but i find it a bit more awkward between 6 and 11.
the watch is very light and comfortable as i have the leather strap and
this will soften even more with time.
i'm not sure where you heard it is an atomic watch ian, but i believe it's
a manual one.
infact i took the chance and pulled the button out on the right and it is
just the normal winder for changing the time.
but works the oposit to normal so turning clockwise puts the time back and
anti-clockwise puts the time forward.
i'm also impressed with the size of it as it is smaller than i expected.
i certainly think it was worth getting, as as it is made for everyone and
not just blind people it's more stylish and doesn't stand out as something
especially for the blind.

pete.