[access-uk] TESCO SHOPPING WITH IPHONE

  • From: Carol Pearson <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 16:42:14 +0100

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone is now having joy in shopping with the iPhone at Tesco? (The last time I recall this being discussed, we were all pretty disappointed and the app was considered of little use.)

I have just tried it out today and so far I'm doing pretty well, though I'm still a little at the "hit and miss" stage.

At one point I did stumble upon the search box for any item you wished ... and did quite a bit of shopping successfully that way before returning elsewhere and losing the searchbox. (There is now no visible keyboard there and I can't remember how to bring it up on the screen, though I think there's a way.

Can anyone assist me further here, or are we all about to experiment once again! I do hope this is going to work for me this time around.

BTW: When last I tried, with sighted help we had brilliant success with bar scanning items which we could automatically add to the list. I intend to do that for some of the shopping on this occasion.

Carol P