[access-uk] Re: TESCO - DECISION MADE

  • From: Wally.Harding@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 09:44:52 +0100

Steve, that's alright, you disagree with me, I'm cool about that, smile. but
like I said each to their own! we're simply putting forward different ways
of doing things so the reader can choose for themselves. I never put my
views or opinions forward as the only ones! and if you think the access site
is crap well, that's just your opinion, to which you are, of course,
entitled. The main point that should be emphasised is that both sites are
usable despite their differences.

The differences that exist between the two sites, result in pros and cons in
each of them against the other and depending on whether you're an
experienced internet shopper with a reasonable level of computer literacy or
a novice computer user shopping for the first time on the net, will open
another set of pros and cons. Me! I'm a techie! that makes me a novice!
smile.

Incidentally, does your method still behave in the same way now that the
delivery slot part of the site has changed?

I do intend to try it, in order to make up my own mind.

It should also be remembered that visually impaired people are not the only
users of the access site, or at least they never used to be, Unless it's
changed now, the access site is the site that's used by people placing their
orders through their TV set.

Wally Harding
RNIB Hi-tech support