[access-uk] Re: TELEPHONE KEYPADS - CLEANING OR DITCHING!

  • From: "Jim" <jimmcauslan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 04:37:27 -0700

Hi Carol,

If you go for a new cordless phone, be careful as the models that come with two and three, sometimes four, handsets are small, almost mobile phone size, and not very comfortable to use. I have just bought a BT cordless phone at £35, a single handset at normal size and is not bad but is very light-weight and has menus and such so, a bit of sighted help is required to set up ringtones etc.

Hope this helps.

Jim McAuslan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 3:56 AM
Subject: [access-uk] TELEPHONE KEYPADS - CLEANING OR DITCHING!

Hi all,

I have a fairly old cordless phone and it's key pad is now getting very hard to press. (Sometimes I have to press a number of times before taking a call.) This key pad has been well cared for and not subjected to coffee, sweets etc!

Is it worth using some kind of switch cleaner, in which case what should I and what should I not use, or is it time to get a new one.

I'm also having a problem with our desk phone in the same respect, though not so bad. I don't want to throw all away and start again unless it's really the best thing to do.

Any advice most welcome.

-- Carol carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.5.5/335 - Release Date: 09/05/2006