[access-uk] Re: TAPISRV

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 01:00:49 +0100

Hi Annabel,

I presume you have Windows 98 - you didn't say.

This is an error which occurs if you have some damaged files relating to
your dial-up connection.

I'm afraid the solution may not be exactly quick and simple to fix.

You could try the following though.

SUMMARY
If the Telephon.ini file in the Windows folder is missing or is damaged,
you can create a new one by running the file Tapiini.exe. Tapiini.exe is
located in the Windows\System folder. Before you run Tapiini.exe, rename
the Telephon.ini file, if it exists.=20

To create a new Telephon.ini file:=20

Rename the Telephon.ini file (if it exists) in the Windows folder to
Telephon.old. For information about how to rename a file, click Start,
click Help, click the Index tab, type "renaming" (without quotation
marks), and then double-click the "Renaming Files" topic.=20
Restart your computer.=20
Double-click the Tapiini.exe file in the Windows\System folder. Note
that this program runs very quickly; nothing may appear to happen. If
you are not sure, check the Windows folder to verify that a Telephon.ini
file was created.=20
MORE INFORMATION
The Telephon.ini file stores the settings for all TAPI-enabled
applications, such as Fax and Dial-Up Networking.=20

If that doesn't work, you will find a number of suggestions and
solutions in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 254332

If you are comfortable doing things like Registry editing, this article
will help, otherwise you may need to get someone to help you here.

George.

    Hi, I get this message, regularly, when my computer crashes.  Does
anyone know what it means?   Annabel.
** To leave the Access-UK list, send a message with the Subject:-
** unsubscribe
** to access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body
** For other things like setting nomail when on holiday,
** or digest mode, send a message, to
** faq
** Please do not put text or signatures in the message body.

=0AThis Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee Groupshield.