[access-uk] Re: TALKING PICTURES (and In Touch 1st August) and everything

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:19:53 +0100

Hi Adrian,

I've had a note from Philipa at PVS about this but was previously
unaware of it.  We might do it as something separate as it seems to me
that a direct comparison with KNFB would be an apples and oranges job
given that the latter is a complete and stand-alone unit for use on the
go.  But thanks for the tip-off.

________________________________

        From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Ian Macrae

        Just had a look at the KNFB portable reader and it's very
impressive.  However, a sighted colleague has raised an interesting
point.  If we have phones which can talk and which have cameras on them,
how long will it be and what would it take before they can do the same
thing at a much smaller cost?  Any thoughts?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.
BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.