[access-uk] Re: TALKING CALLER ID

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:01:27 +0000

Have you tried it in a different socket? Say another room with a phone?
Unfortunately a stand alone device like this is no longer available which I
just cannot understand. I think I recall that RNIB imported these from Canada
but of course I stand corrected. Guess you have done the usual, checked that no
residue discharge from long standing batteries has been cleaned and that the
battery terminals have not got damaged. Sometimes if that is the case it can be
possible to fix a minor displacement of the connections.