[access-uk] Re: TALKING BOOK DEVICES FOR OLDER PEOPLE

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 17:13:39 +0100

Hi Richard.

Its not a question of product bashing. The boom box and Sovran are mp3 memory
stick players, they aren’t talking book machines. Obviously its the consumer
who has the ultimate choice, if they don’t need the navigation, bookmarking
etc. that Daisy provides then of course one of these mp3 devices may be
suitable, but Stratus like Plextalk are daisy players and have the
functionality to play Daisy cd’s as well as content from memory sticks and
memory cards on selected models.

All the best, Ibrahim.