[access-uk] System sounds in Internet Explorer 9 affecting Outlook 2010

  • From: "Edward Green" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 16:51:07 +0100

Hi,

I've just installed Internet Explorer 9 and have enabled system sounds so
that I know when something appears in the information bar.

However, when I now arrow up and down the message list in Outlook 2010, I
hear the same click as I hear when pressing enter on a link in Internet
Explorer.

I've since disabled system sounds in Internet Explorer and the clicking in
Outlook has stopped.

Does anyone know how I can enable sounds in IE without Outlook being
affected?

Thanks,

Ed