[access-uk] Syncing the iPhone with iTunes

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 23:26:09 -0000

Hi all -

I'm a bit concerned about syncing my new phone with iTunes for the first time.

On one hand, I want to set it up as a new device, so as to give it it's own
music library, separate from my iPod library, but I also want to be able to
sync it with the iPod because I have apps on there I want to also have on the
phone.

So, anybody know if I can set it up first to create a new library for it, and
then next time sync it with the iPod? I'm also worried that if and when I do
sync it with the iPod, iTunes will want to sync the iPod library with the phone
too, the very thing I want to avoid. I know I could just hook up the phone and
see what comes up, and how I get on with things, but want to try and avoid
getting part way through the whole thing, only to find I've mucked it up by not
quite understanding what I'm doing <smile>

So, thanks for any help -

Andy