[access-uk] Re: Sygate blocking email

  • From: Martin Dudley <dudleym@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 09:59:24 +0000

The windows firewall being only one way is severely flawed and can easily be set to allow both way trafic by someone with the knowledge to do so. In my opinion it is pants and you should never rely on it as your only defence. I use sygate and have disabled the windows firewall altogether. Try looking in the apps section within sygate and see if it is blocking your e-mails there. If so it is easily changed.

Martin

Peter Beasley recently said:-

I would do that as the windows firewall is only one way.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>