[access-uk] Re: Switching on the Zen Stone

  • From: "brian hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 12:48:41 +0100

As David says, you can verify the charging status and the amount of free space. The other thing which needs to be appreciated is that you can rip CD's with the software which can be dumped straight onto the player by the software, or into separate folders. There will be people on this list no doubt who will advise using a program like CDEX, and that's fine, and in fact that is what I do. But for someone who does not want at least two programs to deal with and who wants something quite simple to use, then the creative software may be an option. That is partially why I decided to create the scripts to support the CD player, particularly the check boxes which allow for selecting the tracks to be converted, and also to report the charging status etc. You can get that information by using the jaws cursor, but again we're talking about making things easier for people who haven't got a clue what the jaws cursor is and who will never need it. I quite like the charging status indicator, it's worth having the free software just for that.

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf
Of
Mark Threadgold
Sent: 13 June 2007 08:20
To: accessuk list
Subject: [access-uk] Switching on the Zen Stone

Is there a particular way to turn on the Zen Stone please?  I press
and
hold
the centre button and fiddle about but it takes over half a minute to
get
it
to start playing.  Surely there is a simple way to do this?

Mark Threadgold

Of all the things I have ever lost, the one I miss most is my mind...