[access-uk] Re: Support for XP

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 19:04:33 +0100

George, this doesn't take into account the longer-term self-help online
support which I have read is due to be there until 2014.  I would certainly
suspect that if you but a new PC any time in the next 6 to 8 months and
quite possibly the next year or beyond, it is likely that by the time
Windows XP reaches the same status as windows 98 now where no further
updates are to be issued, we will be talking 2014 or possibly later.  by
that time, if you buy now, it will probably be new PC time.

Even if the PC is still powerful enough to do all you need, hard disks, cd
drives and other moving components or components such as the processor,
often subjected to a degree of heat, will wear out.

Cheers

Graham