[access-uk] Superscript in Word 2000

  • From: "Karl Proud" <karl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:27:40 +0100

Using Jaws 7 and Word 2000

Hi,

I am trying to get JAWS to speak the superscript attribute when it comes
across it in Word documents.  I have been looking at the speech and sounds
manager and have added the superscript attribute to the list of attributes
in the attributes tab of the edit scheme panel.  However I seem to set this
it doesn't seem to make a difference when I am using superscript text.  I am
editing the classic scheme which when saved becomes the classic - modified
scheme.

Now, I'm doing stuff here at the edges of my knowledge as I haven't touched
this stuff before so I could be messing up in a really obvious way but when
I load up a JAWS 9 session in 40 minute mode it speaks out superscript
lovely. When I check the state of the classic scheme in speech and sounds
manager it looks the same as I have in Jaws 7.

Any ideas more than welcome.

Cheers all

Karl