[access-uk] Re: Stumped by Norton

  • From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 10:23:28 +0100

Hi Mary,
I found the LU1899 Report on their web site,
copied below.

From what you can see below, it looks like
Symantec themselves don't know what's wrong.

George.

Document ID:2004081907471413
Last Modified:19/08/2004

Error: "LU1899: LiveUpdate could not update this
product or component. . ."

Situation:
This page describes the message "LU 1899:
LiveUpdate could not update this product or
component. If this problem persists please visit
the Symantec Support web site for more
information."

Solution:
Symantec is investigating this problem to
determine a solution. This document will be
updated when new information or a solution is
available.

To provide information to Symantec
If you want to send your computer system
information to help Symantec product development
solve this problem, then run the
<https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/activeda
ta/odc/odc_control_check.html?odc_name=odc_nav2004
_install&kbdoc=2003091115080306> Symantec
Automated Support Assistant
<https://www-secure.symantec.com/techsupp/activeda
ta/odc/odc_control_check.html?odc_name=odc_luwin32
_client&kbdoc=2004081907471413> . The Symantec
Automated Support Assistant gathers information
about your system configuration. When you run the
Symantec Automated Support Assistant, click Yes if
you see a Security Warning dialog box. After the
collection procedure has finished and you agree to
send the information, click Submit at the bottom
of the form, and the information is sent to a
secure server. For more information about the
Symantec Automated Support Assistant, see the
Technical Information section below.

Technical Information:

The Symantec Automated Support Assistant
The Automated Support Assistant is a diagnostic
utility that you can download and run on your
computer to help you correct common support
problems with Symantec products. The utility is a
Windows program that uses ActiveX(r) technology to
integrate with the Support Web site. Symantec
product information that is used by the utility is
sent securely to Symantec for analysis. Personal
information is never obtained or sent. This
utility only reads data, nothing on your computer
is changed.

This process uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL)
encryption to transmit the product information to
Symantec. SSL uses a private key to encrypt data
that is transferred over the SSL connection. There
are two ways to verify that your transmission is
secure: A closed padlock icon appears on the
status bar in your browser window, or the address
of the displayed page begins with https.