[access-uk] Re: Streaming of sport events

  • From: Stuart MacMillan <bznclty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 02:53:40 -0700

Ron,
If it was only that simple with one group having all the rights . There were
packages of games and times that could be bid on and they were awarded to
different broadcasters. So the noon, 3pm and late games saturday and the
sunday games at noon, 4 and possibly later and the monday games were all
split to , i think,  five different packages. A broadcaster can have the
rights to certain times and days but no one has all of them hence the
different ways to hear the games. At least they are available somewhere.

Stuart