[access-uk] Re: Streaming football from a club website with Window-Eyes

  • From: "Chris Hallsworth" <christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 23:49:11 +0100

Wonder if this has been fixed in IE8?

--
Chris Hallsworth

E-mail: christopherhallsworth71@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx

Skype: chrishallsworth7266

Klango: chrishallsworth

FTP: ftp://chrishallsworth.dyndns.org
----- Original Message ----- From: "Edward Green" <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2008 9:34 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Streaming football from a club website with Window-Eyes

Hi,

Has anyone had any joy streaming audio commentary from their clubs website
using Window-Eyes? It doesn't matter which site, as all commentaries can be
accessed through all sites.

I don't know if my problem is screen reader or PC-related.

When I click on the link, I either get a message saying that Internet
Explorer cannot display the web page, or the page will simply reload.

Clicking on the link should launch Windows Media Player and the commentary
should start.

I am using Window-Eyes 6.1 on an HP Pavilion DV 9000 series laptop running
Windows Vista with 2 GB of RAM and Internet Explorer 7.

I also have one of the Advent 4211 Netbooks running JFW, and the stream
launches as expected.  Both are on the same wireless network.

When I get the message on the Pavilion about Internet Explorer not being
able to display the web page, there is no problem with the Internet
connection.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Edward