[access-uk] Re: Stream..?

  • From: Thomas <mrnoisy98@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 10:33:33 +1100

Do you want to stream the content, or do you want to remote access it?
Streaming it implies that it is not a static file you can access, but is playing like a TV station. Also, do you want to access your media on your phone when you're out and about? Oh, and what platform is your PC running on? Windows, Linux, GNU/Linux, Unix, Mac OS, OSX, OS/2, Chrome OS? If you only want to watch the films and Television programs at home, you could get a media-player for your TV and hook it and your phone up to your network, and share the files on your network [this will create an inaccessible interface]. Or you could play the media through your phone, and connect it up to a google TV and play it on there.

Hope my suggestions help.
P.S.
You will have to do research into how to do these things.
On 22/01/2013 6:01, BJ Edwards wrote:
Hi all,

Well, I have reached the point in my life when I have had enough of
physical disks - DVDs, Blu-rays. I want to put them on one hard drive,
leaving them in one  place. So far so good - I can do this with some
patience and time. But, I want to watch the films in two different
places, on a mobile running Android Jellybean, portable, small. And in
the snug on "proper" kit. Mo made the excellent suggestion of
streaming the content wirelessly from my PC to the phone, and
potentially to the TV too - or, use a media centre and plug the hard
drive into the media centre and bob's your drunken aunt. However, this
option, although seemingly doable, and something I will doubtless end
up doing, still results in an inaccessible interface. So

Has anyone streamed from their PC to their Android or other portable
device? and has anyone streamed from their PC to their HD TV or box of
tricks.

A quick Google told me that Windoes Media Centre and an app called
Remote Media Centre may be the way forward. But, another search told
me that VCD on the PC and an app would do it.

Can anyone help me please?!?!

Thanks,

BJ