[access-uk] Re: Stream..?

  • From: "Ibrahim Gucukoglu" <ibrahim_gucukoglu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 22:50:56 -0000

Hi BJ.

Have you looked at a service like Orb? It is a media centre server application which lets you stream any content you have stored on your computer straight to a compatible device. There are apps for IPhone and android, you can also stream to compatible TV's, set top boxes and should your TV not be compatible with Orb directly, you can buy an adaptor to make it so.

All the best, Ibrahim.

-----Original Message----- From: BJ Edwards
Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 7:01 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Stream..?

Hi all,

Well, I have reached the point in my life when I have had enough of
physical disks - DVDs, Blu-rays. I want to put them on one hard drive,
leaving them in one  place. So far so good - I can do this with some
patience and time. But, I want to watch the films in two different
places, on a mobile running Android Jellybean, portable, small. And in
the snug on "proper" kit. Mo made the excellent suggestion of
streaming the content wirelessly from my PC to the phone, and
potentially to the TV too - or, use a media centre and plug the hard
drive into the media centre and bob's your drunken aunt. However, this
option, although seemingly doable, and something I will doubtless end
up doing, still results in an inaccessible interface. So

Has anyone streamed from their PC to their Android or other portable
device? and has anyone streamed from their PC to their HD TV or box of
tricks.

A quick Google told me that Windoes Media Centre and an app called
Remote Media Centre may be the way forward. But, another search told
me that VCD on the PC and an app would do it.

Can anyone help me please?!?!

Thanks,

BJ