[access-uk] Strange problem with windows

  • From: "Adrien" <adriencollins22160@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'access uk'" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 May 2009 15:11:34 +0200

Hi

I have a really strange problem with my computer since
Friday. I turned off my computer on Friday night after
backing up my outlook folder as I do most days. Yesterday as
far as I know my computer worked ok but I noticed in the
afternoon that I couldn't get access to the context menu in
windows from the application key. The only way I can
activate any of the functions is to go into virtual focus
and hit the space bar on any of the options i.e. open,
explore, sendto etc. I rolled my system back using norton
goback, that didn't help, I did the usual scans with
registry mechanic and that didn't help either. The only
programs which have up-dated since Friday are windows itself
and avast. This is really strange. Everything else works
perfectly. This morning I ran sfc and that fixed the problem
but then I went on line to get my e-mail and left the room.
I am assuming that avast up-dated whilst I was downstairs as
the problem has returned again. I have just tried running
sfc again to fix the problem like it did the first time but
this time it didn't help. What could be causing this
problem. I have deleted my hal settings folder to see if it
was the hal settings folder but it's not hal. The problem
only occurs in windows, i.e. when I go to properties, sendto
etc. It's the application key that is effected, it works ok
when I press the alt key. When I use the application key in
outlook or another application everything is normal.

Regards

Adrien

You can get me off list at:
adriencollins06@xxxxxxx
or
adrien_collins@xxxxxxxxxxx
Or
adrien.collins@xxxxxxxxx

program for
the visually impaired, find out more by downloading the
software from:
http://www.a-technic.net/speakon.htm
e-mail to:
speakon-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx