[access-uk] Re: Strange OE behaviour

  • From: "Georgina Joyce" <gena-j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 23:22:16 +0100

Hi Ray

Sounds like you have several accounts there.  Most if not all Internet =
Service Provider's don't allow the sending of mail unless the account =
from which the mail is being sent, is connected to the system at that =
point in time.

HTH
Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf
Of Caroline Ford

Ray,

I think Freeserve/Wanadoo/Orange have made some changes to their SMTP
Server
recently.  I'm not sure where you would find this setting in OE as I
use
Outlook, but in Outlook you would go to Tools, Accounts, highlight
your
account and press, shift-tab to Properties, switch to the Servers tab,
and
make sure the Outgoing Mail (SMTP) is set to smtp.orangehome.co.uk

I hope this works for you.

Caroline.