[access-uk] Strange Behaviour of a Computer

  • From: "Sharon Bowell" <sharon.bowell1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 19:36:48 +0100

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help me.  My daughter has a rather strange problem on
her computer, and to be honest I'm stuck as to what to do.

When I turn it on, Jaws loads fine, but I cannot access anything else, the
start menu, desktop, and windows explorer do not respond, and my daughter
says the screen is blank, it's on, but showing no icons whatsoever.

Windows is loaded, I think, but I am now stuck as to what to do.

It's running Windows Xp, I can't remember what version of jaws, as my
daughter is sighted I just keep jaws on as a backup in case she gets stuck,
like now, smiles.

Anyone got any ideas on this.

Many thanks.

Sharon