[access-uk] Re: Still unable to access 4 blind mice website

  • From: Jonathan <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 21:28:17 +0000

As far as I understand it, blind mice are breaking the law by hosting
illegal downloads, and downloaders are breaking the law by
downloading.

Now, it's not for me to judge people so I won't, but from a technical
perspective, given that it appears to be connected more to the ISP
being used, than the geographical location, I think the following
might be a possibility:

Movie studios might have put pressure on ISPs to block downloading
from blind mice. Some may have complied, some may have ignored the
request.
Given that blind mice is one static location, blocking it would be easy to do.
It's the only reason I can think for this to have happened.

Here's what I've collated from the list:

Colin is on BT, and CAN get to the site.
I am on Plusnet (a subsidiary of BT) and CANNOT get on the site.
Maureen is on Blueyonder, and CANNOT get to it.
Peter is on Sky, and cannot get to it.
Ari is in South Africa and cannot get to it.

In fact, looking back through the list, I think Colin is the only
person from anywhere to be able to get to it!

Any others for the list?