[access-uk] Re: Standardising the volume on mp3 files

  • From: Ted Martin <tedmart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:49:48 +0100

Hi Kevin,

I see.  I think I will install a trial version of Gold Wave.

Many thanks,  Ted.

On 23/10/11 19:42, Kevin Lloyd wrote:
Hi Ted.

That's exactly what Goldwave can do. You can add a large batch of files,
select the match volume effect and let it go and set the volume of those
files. It's called a conversion but it doesn't necessarily have to
change the format. If you choose not to change format, it will save them
back in exactly the same format as they were originally but with the
volume change.

Obviously, there's a slight quality issue because when you use an
editing tool like Goldwave or Soundforge for files that aren't lossless,
the file is first converted to a WAV file, effects are applied and then
it's re-encoded back to it's original WMA or OGG format. All of that is
done automatically once you've selected your batch of files and started
the processing.

Regards.

Kevin Lloyd