[access-uk] Re: Speeding up PC info - no responses

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 15:34:28 -0000

Another good reason to turn off system restore, besides the resource issue is
that restore acts as a safe haven for nasties. The number of times I've read
posts on lists like this from people saying that their anti virus had got rid
of a bug only to have it reappear after a reboot. The only way then is to flush
system restore. People place far too much store on system restore. I've gone
one step further than turning it off, I've removed it, along with a lot of
other useless baggage windows comes with, and as a consequence both my
computers run like a rocket.
                    John.