[access-uk] Re: Speech Recognition Software Recommendations

  • From: Jonathan H <digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 09:51:35 +0000

I'd second the speech recognition built into Windows 7.
I'm fully sighted and although not used it for programming, I find it
extremely accurate - you will very quickly find yourself opening
applications, finding stuff, dictating, saving documents etc without
touching the keyboard.

Needs a little training to setup though - you may need sighted help
for this part. Would be interested to hear experiences of the setup
part from screenreader users.