[access-uk] Re: SpeakOn

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2010 09:35:59 -0000

I don't understand what the programme does, my current screen reader reads that type of info for me. ----- Original Message ----- From: "chris hallsworth" <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 7:56 AM
Subject: [access-uk] SpeakOn

Hello all.
I have been asked by a friend to spread the word on a free program written by a blind programmer. SpeakOn is a powerful media suite and internet radio application. It uses whatever SAPI5 voices you have on your system to speak the application. No screen reader is thus required except for when it comes to reading the online manual. You can play anything from your favourite CDs to listening to your favourite radio station. The reason I wish to spread the word is that the programmer is developing the software as a hobby; no development costs are in the project. Therefore he is looking for more people to try his program. As I say it is free. May I suggest you Google for SpeakOn as I cannot remember the URL. Please also spread the word about this program, because the programmer feels that the more people are aware of it the better.
Thank you, and enjoy!

--

Chris H
You can contact me in the following ways: