[access-uk] Re: Sounds in emails

  • From: "." <khanair75@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:32:26 -0400

Hi there  Barry, I have done this while back in my Outlook Express with
JAWS which I think should be olright still, anyway, here are the steps to do
just that.  Have fun.
Azar
Toronto, Canada
Okay, the first thing you have to do is make sure you are sending the
message using html format.  Create a new message and press alt O for the
format menu.  Arrow down and hit enter on rich text html.  Then press alt O
again.  Then arrow down to background and press the right arrow to open the
submenu.   Arrow down to sound and hit enter.  You will be in a background
sound dialog.  You will be in an edit field where you can just enter the
path and file name, for example, C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\smallworld.mid. Or you
can tab to the browse button and hit enter and find the mid or wav file or
whatever sound clip you want to attach. Then tab to the okay button and hit
enter.  Then just compose your message like normal and send it.

To saved the sound file from a message you have received with background
music, first go to the file menu and choose save as.
Save the email with a .mim extension. (file name .M-I-M). You can then
extract the files with winzip.  Focus on the file you saved and press your
windows application key and choose open with.  Then choose winzip as the
program to open the file with.