[access-uk] Re: Sound card problem

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 17:33:26 +0100

Hi Paul -

I'm still getting JAWS and Windows sounds through my laptop speakers. The
problem is when I plug in my USB sound card.

There are no controls [volume etc] on the physical sound card, so nothing to
tweak from that side of things, and I'm unable to look at tweaking anything
when the sound card is connected to the laptop, because as soon as it is, the
speakers cut out, and nothing comes through the headphones.

When I look at play back devices, under volume, I have 18 entries in there, a
couple are for Realtek high definition [working] and Realtek digital output,
high definition [working]. after these two, that come at the top of the list,
there are 16 entries all saying the same thing: Speakers SNDTAudio [working]

My SoundBlaster card isn't showing in there at the moment, because I have
unplugged it, in order to hear the laptop speakers. I don't know if I should
make any of the other speaker entries in that SNDTAudio list my default. I
don't know what the default should be, or indeed what it is, when the sound
card is disconnected. If I could get back to that, then at least I'd be able to
plug the sound card in, and take a look at it under devices, as it wouldn't cut
the speakers out, if it were no longer set as the default. Any more ideas?

Thanks -

Andy