[access-uk] Sound card problem

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 16:54:39 +0100

Hi all -

I have JAWS working ok through my laptop speakers, but I like To use an
external soundcard with headphones. All had been working ok, until this morning.

I couldn't get any sound through my sound card, so had a look around to see if
I could sort it!

From the JAWS utilities menu, under sound cards, Windows default sound card is
checked. So, I left that alone, and went to the system tray, opened up the play
back devices from within volume, and found the name of my external SoundBlaster
card, and set it as the default sound card. And that seems to be my mistake, as
now, when I boot up the laptop, if the external sound card isn't connected,
JAWS speaks to me, but as soon as I plug the USB sound card in, sound is lost,
not just JAWS, but all sound, and I have to take the sound card out, and
reboot. And of course, if I boot up with the sound card connected, I get no
sound at all

Anybody  help me to sort this one please? -

Andy