[access-uk] Re: Sorting, grouping, ascending/descending

  • From: "Jillian Grant" <jillian.grant1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 18:19:58 -0000

Catherine.

I too don't understand all the different things in the view menu of Outlook.
I had a problem recently when for no apparent reason, my messages went into
alphabetical order.  I had about a fortnight's worth going unnoticed, 'cos I
didn't know how to change it back.  I believe I have mine set up the way you
want yours.

To get it where you have them all listed as they arrive, and not by
conversation, go into view, assuming you use the arrowas and not a mouse or
anything, arrow right once into current view submenu, as this is at the top
of the list.  The top one is messages which needs to be checked to get the
view we like.  You can only have 1 in this list checked, and if Jaws doesn't
say checked, hit enter.  can't remember if you need to hit enter again to
exit.  I don't think you do.  To get to the ascending or descending option,
when you're in the current view, keep going till you hear customize current
view.  Hit enter, then tab till you get to the sort them field.  press
enter, and tab once to the radio buttons of ascending or descending.  when
you select what you want, you'll automatically end up back in the list of
fields within the customize list.  Hope this makes sense.  i'm not the best
at explaining things.

jill.