[access-uk] Re: Sony MZB100

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2005 22:27:57 -0000

Andy.

Looks as if you are going for the MZ B100 which is the closest
you will get to having an 'afordable' MD recorder that's much
more usable than the run-of-the-mill portables.  I am not sure on
this, but I am almost certain that Sony, even to this day, do not
allow for high speed transfer FROM MD to your computer via USB.
You can do it the other way around.  I do not know what Sonic
Stage, or whatever will allow precisely, but I think its a case
of matterial being counted on and off external machines when
using with a PC.

You and others maybe interested inthe the following about the
Edirol R1.  This is a realtime MP3 player/recorder, which can
also record raw wav files too.  Its pretty exspensive at around
£280.00.  What we really need is something along the lines of the
memory card/CD recorder who's name I cannot think of just now.
If only we could have such a talking device, minus the CD writer,
I feel this really would be a good replacement for the trusty old
APH recorder.  Anyway here's details of the R1.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx

EDIROL R-1 PORTABLE MP3/WAV RECORDER

Searching for the highest recording quality in a portable device?
The Edirol R-1 combines a portable MP3 player with a high-quality
MP3/WAV recorder that will suit both audio professionals as well
as musicians. Top-grade components have been used in the R-1,
which can record/ playback at crystal-clear, 24-bit audio
resolution without compression.

Audio recorded on the R-1 is stored as stereo files directly onto
removable CompactFlashT cards, allowing for maximum flexibility
in recording time. Up to nine format-quality modes are provided,
ranging from 64~320kbps MP3 compression to 24-bit linear WAV
format. Electrolytic capacitors provide stable, reliable power to
the analogue circuits, eliminating DC interference and supplying
low-distortion sound.