[access-uk] Re: Sonata internet radio

  • From: Jim McAuslan <jim.mcauslan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 15:15:00 +0100

Hi Tom,

I don't know yet as I still have to purchase it.
The podcast was a short demo of the Sonata Plus and it didn't sound bad but I presume that as the product develops then the speech will improve.
Jim Mc
On 20/08/2013 14:23, Tom Lorimer wrote:
Hi Jim,

I have the original Sonata and the quality of the sound is terrible. It's even worse listening to it via the Hi Fi.
Maybe this podcast was done using the old one.
They should recall these old Sonata's and dump them.
Out of curiosity, does the new Sonata Plus still have it's speaker covered in cloth, it's so so old fashioned.

Tom.

On 20/08/2013 02:09 PM, Jim McAuslan wrote:
Hi Jackie,

I listened to a short podcast from the BWBF website and although the speech wasn't perfect, it wasn't bad. I don't quite know how old this podcast is so I wonder if the speech engine has improved since the piece was recorded.
What's your opinion on this?
Cheers.

Jim Mc

On 20/08/2013 11:08, Jackie Brown wrote:
Hi Jim

I have the Sonata Plus, and have it linked up to my hifi system. Frankly, I would hate to be without it as DAB is non-existent where we live and, for what it is worth, the quality of the Sonata is way better than DAB in any
case.

Enjoy!

Kind regards,

Jackie Brown