[access-uk] Re: Something wonderful about Windows!

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 10:50:47 +0100

Its something I've got set up for when other people want to use my computer. For me though, its great to know for certain situations but too restrictive for everyday use.

At 22:15 11/04/2009, you wrote:
Hello all, hope you don't mind the perhaps sarcastic subject line, lol.
I'm currently on my father's desktop PC since my laptop isn't working at the moment. I've been using the guest account, which is turned off by default in XP and probably Vista, and it's great! I love the fact that I couldn't install or configure stuff without administrative rights. I understand that perhaps that's what the guest was intended for, but for me it's all new and you should try it out the next time you're at someone else's computer. Get them to enable the guest account, allow them to log off and log you on to the guest account, and configure your JAWS, set up E-mail and the internet, whatever that doesn't require administrative privillages at your heart's content. Enjoy!
--
Chris Hallsworth
e-mail: christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx