[access-uk] Solution for connecting TVonics boxes to newer televisions

  • From: Mobeen Iqbal <mobeeniqbal@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BCAB Discussion List <bcab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2020 14:07:29 +0100

Hello Everyone.

If you're having trouble connecting your TVonics box to your new TV but you'd still like to use it, we have found a potential solution. Most new televisions come with RCA connectors on the back. The connectors are round in shape and stick out slightly from the TV. There will either be 3 in a line or a bunch of them together, up to 8 in total. These are used for attaching games consoles, but are ideal for attaching the TVonics as well. All you need is a scart to RCA lead. You may need sighted help to plug it in as the connectors are colour coded. If you use be my eyes, this is potentially something they could help with. Alternatively, you can give us a call on 03432897501 and we can see if we can find the model of your television to advise you where the connectors are. I thought I would mention this as it has come up in recent discussions. A lead which should be suitable can be found at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SCART-RCA-Phono-Cable-metre/dp/B00ULGUNAA

Or you can contact us to purchase one that we know specifically works.

If your TV does not have an RCA connection, we are working on a solution which could allow you to use a HDMI adapter to resolve connection issues.

Very best wishes,

Mo.

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq