[access-uk] Re: Solid state drive conversion

  • From: "G. McFarlane" <gmcf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 04:52:07 -0000

Hi Mark
I've got a Dell Mini9 which had an 8gb solid state harddrive and I upgraded it to a 16 gb one (much less than the one you're contemplating). In general it works well - it responds to Windows with all usual functions. As for speed it may be marginally faster - my netbook is a bit sluggish and was helped by a larger Solid state drive and using Tune Up Utilities 2010. I'm not sure if you'll see a vastly improved speed change but I may be wrong. It's still pretty expensive for the Solid states in comparison to the Satas or IDEs but if you have the need for the fastest it will probably help a bit.
Gordon McFarlane
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Threadgold" <m.j.threadgold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>