[access-uk] Re: So, what about the Vi-Player?

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 11:39:00 +0100

Daran, the term "vapourware" has been applied particularly to software
where there's a big fanfare announcement of this wonderful new 'must
have' after which nothing appears.  Seems these announcements can be
kite flying and if the response isn't favourable then the software, or
maybe hardware, never reaches market.

This phenomenon has been remarked on here before.

I got the feeling the guy I spoke to was genuine, but my instincts in
these things aren't, shall we say, infalible!

I very much hope the Vi-Player does reach market, and an email I've
had from them today suggests October as the launch time.  (October
this year, presumably!)

Sure others will report on news of Vi-layer as for people who aren't
fussed about things being a bit bulkier than the Ipod trendies like,
it is a good alternative.  Much more tacktile, or touch friendly,
IMHO.

Cheers,

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at: